September 28, 2017 – January 21, 2018
I. M. Pei building / Richard Meier building / Anna K. Meredith Gallery / Lobby
Drawing in Space includes the work of three artists and one artist collective: Dave Eppley (New York), Monika Grzymala (Berlin), Numen/For Use (Vienna, Zagreb), and Heeseop Yoon (New York). Uniting these artists are explorations of line and space through the creation of large-scale, site-specific installations using a novel yet humble material, tape. At the Art Center, the artists will create works in their chosen locations including the floor of the lobby, the three-story wall of Kyle J. and Sharon Krause Atrium of the Richard Meier building, the Anna K. Meredith Gallery, and the entire I. M. Pei building.
Drawing in Space is organized by Senior Curator Alison Ferris.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
In the Numen/For Use installation Tape Des Moines
- Enter at your own risk.
- Children must be at least 40 inches tall.
- Children younger than 11 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Two children are allowed per adult.
- No standing, running, or jumping inside the sculpture.
- No lighters, matches, or sharp objects allowed.
- Please leave bags and shoes on the provided cart.
- Socks are required and will be provided if needed.
- Please keep moving clockwise.
Maximum Capacity: Five people at a time
When there is a line, please limit your time in the sculpture to five minutes or one loop of the sculpture.
Interior of Tape Des Moines closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays for maintenance.