Join the Director's Circle and shape the future of the
Des Moines Art Center
Enrich your life
Experience world-class art and meet friends in extraordinary settings
as a Director's Circle member. From special events to travel opportunities
and behind-the-scenes access to the Art Center collections and curators,
Director's Circle members enjoy unique encounters with the art of today.
Enrich your community
Director's Circle members play a crucial role in sustaining the
Des Moines Art Center's tradition of community service and excellence.
Your contribution helps to inspire visitors of all ages and experiences through
our free admission policy, free tours, and outreach programs that combined,
serve thousands of Central Iowans each year.
Director's Circle levels and benefits
As a member of the Director's Circle, you will receive a package of expanded
benefits that reflects your special contribution. For more information about joining,
contact Emily Bahnsen, development director, via e-mail or at 515.271.0338.
All Sustainer-level ($500-999) membership benefits, plus:
- Opportunities to travel with the Art Center director and curators to art-filled destinations
in the U.S. and abroad
- Invitations to all Director's Circle events
- Free enrollment in one studio art class annually
- 50% discount on one facility rental annually*
All Benefactor privileges, plus:
- Membership in Contemporary Collectors
- Invitation to annual Director's Dinner
- One private tour for 10 guests with the Art Center director
- Recognition on museum donor plaque in Art Center lobby
- One complimentary catalogue from a major exhibition
All Angel privileges, plus:
- 20% discount in the Museum Shop
- One complimentary exhibition catalogue
- One complimentary facility rental annually*
President's Council ($10,000+)
All Pacesetter privileges, plus:
- Private dialogues with the Art Center director about art collections
*Facility rentals include security and maintenance fees and do not include food and beverage
or outside rental needs.