The Des Moines Art Center Print Club, founded in 1981, encourages the study and appreciation of fine prints and supports the print activities and collections of the
Des Moines Art Center.
From novice to knowledgeable, print enthusiasts enjoy stimulating cultural events and unique opportunities through Print Club.
Programs for members have included visits to artists’ studios, galleries, and print collections; gallery talks and lectures by visiting artists and art historians; and demonstrations of printmaking techniques. Additionally, an annual trip provides members with opportunities to learn more about prints while enjoying social and cultural events. Recent trips have included Philadelphia, Kansas City, Iowa City, Lincoln, and Davenport.
2012-13 Program Schedule
Annual commissioned print
Each season, Print Club commissions a new print by a living artist. The print is produced in a limited edition and is available at an affordable price to members and then to the general public. Commissioned prints are available for sale in the Art Center Museum Shop.
View all commissioned prints
Click here to download a copy of the commissioned print catalogue.
Print Club is open to all active members of the Des Moines Art Center.
Your Print Club membership provides financial support for programs, Print Gallery exhibitions and gallery guides, and the purchase of an annual gift print for the Des Moines Art Center permanent collections.
Additionally, all members receive:
- mailed invitations to each program
- invitation to attend the Annual Meeting and opportunity to vote on the annual gift print selection
- the opportunity to purchase the commissioned print before the general public
$15 STUDENT (please provide copy of student ID with your membership)
- All Print Club member benefits for one student 18 years of age or older
- All Print Club member benefits for one individual
- All Print Club member benefits for up to two adults and all dependents living in the same household
All Print Club member benefits, plus:
- Opportunity to purchase the annual, limited-edition commissioned print before the general public and Student, Individual, and Household members
- First opportunity to purchase the annual, limited-edition commissioned print
- Invitation to one special event exclusively for Benefactor members each year
For more information about Print Club programs, contact Amy N. Worthen, curator of prints and drawings, at 515.271.0346 or email.
For information about Print Club membership, contact Jenna Ekstrom, manager of
individual giving, at 515.271.0327 or email.