Thank you for your interest in the Art Center for your upcoming event.
We are delighted to have you consider the Art Center for your special occasion.
Each event is custom designed for the client. The budget, venue décor, and food
and beverage menu may vary greatly depending upon the client’s needs.
The following spaces are available for rent:
(All spaces are smoke free.)
- The 220-seat auditorium is well suited for meetings, symposia, lectures, performances,
film or video previews, etc.
- Audio/visual technicians of the Art Center's choosing must be hired at the renter's expense.
Art Center Restaurant
- The 950-square-foot restaurant has galleries on two sides and a curved glass wall
looking out onto the Maytag Courtyard. The cubic granite floors and white walls are
architect Richard Meier’s signature style.
- This area is ideal for dinner meetings, rehersal dinners, stand-up receptions of up to 75 persons, or sit-down receptions/meals for up to 50.
- The 2,000-square-foot lobby includes the Information Desk and coatroom areas and is adjacent to the galleries. Directly across from the entry, a door in the tall glass wall provides access to a courtyard and reflecting pool. The lobby was designed by Eliel Saarinen and has travertine floors and oak paneled walls.
- This area is suitable for a stand-up reception for up to 200 persons or a sit-down reception/meal for up to 125 persons.
Maytag Courtyard and Reflecting Pool (adjacent to the lobby and/or restaurant)
- This outdoor area with lit trees, a granite reflecting pool, and outdoor sculptures by
Carl Milles and Scott Burton is surrounded by the architecture of Eliel Saarinen, I. M. Pei,
and Richard Meier.
- Weather permitting, this space is suitable perfect for cocktails before dinner or dancing
under the stars.
Please note the following in regard to special events at the Art Center:
- Preferred catering list available upon request.
- .The Art Center does not allow political, religious, or fundraising events.
- The Rose Garden behind the Art Center is available for rent through the City Of Des Moines Park and Recreation Board. Please call 515.237.1386 to obtain more information (please note that the Rose Garden is not the property of the Art Center).
- All spaces are smoke free. No food or drink is allowed in the galleries or Levitt Auditorium.
The Des Moines Art Center is here to help you plan the perfect event. We will do everything
possible to assist you.
Please contact Facility Rental Manager Cathy Williams at 515.271.0301 or via e-mail.
View pdf of the Rental brochure HERE.
FACILITY RENTAL PRICES
Tuesday - Saturday
Lobby/Reflecting Pool (Evenings only)
All rental fees include security, maintenance, set-up, and dismantle.
Prices are subject to change; these fees do not include food and beverage or any outside rental needs such as tables, chairs, and linens. Additional rental fees may also apply.
Des Moines Art Center members who contribute $5,000 or more each year are entitled to one evening event with rental fees waived (does not include security and maintenance or food and beverage costs, tables, linens, etc.).
*Discounts are offered to members at the Contributor level or above ($110 annually).